Participants must have completed the 1 Day (10 hour) SABRE® OC Aerosol Projector Instructor course.
This recertification course takes approximately 1 to 3 hours to complete online. The course was designed for agencies to update, train and certify departmental Instructors in Chemical Aerosol Projectors for SABRE Aerosols. This course was designed to enhance the instructor’s knowledge in the formulations, spray patterns, levels of contaminations, physical and mental effects of chemical agents, legal and medical issues, product and training liability, deployment methods, and the combination and use of aerosols. This course concentrates the technical and tactical applications of this information and instructor developmental skills. This training will assist instructors on enhancing their own systems, which will improve the arresting officer’s skills, enhance their proficiency in the street and increase the odds of survival both in and out of the court room.
Topics covered in the online recertification course include:
- Introduction to OC Aerosol Projectors
- Understanding Oleoresin Capsicum
- SABRE® Formulations, Features & Delivery Systems
- Using SABRE® Products Safely & Effectively
- Subject Care & Decontamination
- Student Contamination & Decontamination
Registrants receive access to latest SABRE Instructor course materials including:
- Instructor Recertification Manual
- Safety Briefing
- MK-3/MK-4 Inert Drills
- Student Contamination Protocol
- Student Contamination Drills
- Decontamination Steps
To register and complete the SABRE® OC Instructor Online Recertification Course:
- Print and complete this Registration Form, and fax or email it to 204-586-2049.
- You will receive an email with Instructions on how to complete the course, along with your user name and password.
- Once you complete the course, a hard copy of your certificate will be emailed to you.